Chiesa di Sant'Anastasia e grande organo
Piazza Martiri di Belfiore, 1, 20852 Villasanta MB, Italia
La presenza di un edificio di culto cattolico nel luogo in cui sorge l’attuale chiesa di Sant’Anastasia è documentata fin dal 768: secondo la ricostruzione di Oleg Zastrow, esso sorgeva lungo la strada principale ed aveva una semplice pianta rettangolare leggermente allungata, con larghezza di circa 7 metri e lunghezza di poco superiore; l’aula terminava con un’abside semicircolare posta lungo il lato orientale.
La chiesa venne dotata in epoca medievale di un campanile ed in seguito, nel XVI secolo, venne ampliata fino a raggiungere circa 20 metri di lunghezza. Inoltre, l’abside originaria venne costruita con una nuova a pianta quadrangolare e coperta con volta a vela. Nel 1576, la chiesa divenne sede parrocchiale per volere di Carlo Borromeo, arcivescovo di Milano.
GRANDE ORGANO DI SANTA ANASTASIA
Il nuovo grande organo della Parrocchia di Sant’Anastasia in Villasanta è unico in Italia e tra i più grandi d’Europa.
Lo strumento, costruito nel 2013, su iniziativa dell’allora parroco don Ferdinando Mazzoleni, dall’organaro veronese Diego Bonato, è stato realizzato in parte dal recupero di circa 2000 canne di organi dismessi, con l’aggiunta di nuovi elementi fino a un totale di 4989 canne. Strumento monumentale, dotato di tecnologie d’avanguardia e consolle mobile, è un organo a trasmissione elettronica, conta 91 registri su quattro tastiere e pedaliere, è utilizzato per celebrazioni liturgiche e concerti d’organo. Organista titolare: Maestro Jean Guillou.
La Chiesa di Sant’Anastasia è sede ogni anno dal 2014 del “Festival Organistico Internazionale” città di Villasanta; dal 2013 della Rassegna “Parole d’organo” e dal 2017 dei “Concerti Vesperali”.
Nella stessa sede dal 18 al 20 ottobre 2017 il Maestro Jean Guillou terrà la “Masterclass sulla letteratura organistica da Bach agli autori contemporanei”.
Chiesa di Sant'Anastasia e grande organo
The presence of a Catholic place of worship in the place where stands the present church of St. Anastasia is documented since 768: according to the reconstruction of Oleg Zastrow, it stood along the main road and had a simple slightly elongated rectangular plan, with width of about 7 meters and a length slightly greater; the hall ended with a semicircular apse located along the eastern side.
The church was equipped with a bell tower in the Middle Ages and later, in the sixteenth century, it was expanded to about 20 meters in length. In addition, the original apse was replaced with a new rectangular in plan and covered with vault. In 1576, the church became a parish church at the behest of Charles Borromeo, archbishop of Milan.
Between 1768 and 1796, a larger church was built in the old, demolished in 1801; This was in the Baroque style and had a nave. In 1808 there is the construction of a new bell tower and, between 1936 and 1938, to a design by Ugo Zanchetta, the church was widen in neoclassic style until it reached its current size.
From 1933 they are kept in the church the bones of San Marco soldier at the behest of the then Archbishop of Milan, Cardinal Alfredo Ildefonso Schuster.
The Church of St. Anastasia is located in the center of La Santa, a hamlet and seat of the municipality of Villasanta.
The facade, the result of the 1936 enlargement, it is preceded by a short square, which is accessed up a few steps, and has a salient structure, which follows the inside of the church. The prospectus, no special decorations, is entirely covered with plaster, with geometric panels. In the lower part, there are five portals, of which three in the central nave. The four side doors are twins and smaller than the greater, which has a stone frame with a triangular pediment. In correspondence of the latter, higher, there is an arched window to all sixth, closed by a stained-glass window.
To the left of the church, attached to it, it stands the neoclassical bell tower, built in 1808, which, with its 77 meters high, is the eighth highest bell tower of the Archdiocese of Milan. The bell tower is square and the belfry is divided into three levels: the lower opening on each side with a serliana supported by Tuscan columns; the median, however, presents the clock dials; the higher order has a lower section and is covered by a copper spire, surmounted by a cross. The bell tower houses a concert composed of nine bells in B ♭ 2 waning merged in 1923 by the Brothers of Ottolina Seregno; the big bell is dedicated to the memory of the fallen of World War I and is decorated with images of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Immaculate, Jesus among the little ones, of San Lorenzo, San Giovanni Evangelista and Jesus on the cross.
The interior of the church is a Latin cross, with three naves, a transept and projecting deep presbytery with a semicircular apse.
The classroom is divided into three naves with the twin side and the larger center, marked by round arches supported by pillars; these are decorated with Ionic pilasters marble with gilded capitals. The ceiling of the nave is vaulted with lunettes, while that of the aisles, each of which is divided into four bays, it is to cruise. In the left aisle, it houses a affrescocinquecentesco depicting the Madonna of the Rose, already guarded in the ancient church. Down the aisle, however, over the door of the sacristy, there is a painting by Panfilo Nuvolone with the Crucifixion (XVII century). In the right aisle there is a painted polychrome wooden statue of the dead Christ.
In the cruise correspondence, it rises the circular dome with a high drum, in which there are eight rectangular windows. The structure is topped by a lantern with inrame cross.
The three naves continue with two spans beyond the transept; the central one is entirely occupied by the presbytery, it raised a few steps from the rest of the church. Its present structure, next to the Second Vatican Council sees the main altar in the center and on the right, the ambo, both in polychrome marble; on the left there is the wooden pulpit with golden carvings. The pre-conciliar altar is surmounted by a tall ciborium supported by Corinthian columns; behind him, in the conch, found place the wooden choir stalls. The modern mosaic in the apse depicting the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Info e Contatti
- Biblioteca Civica di Villasanta